Invitation from High Commission of India/Govt of India
Deadline for Applications: Nov 19, 2017
- Young members of the Indian Diaspora (PIO) are cordially invited to participate in the ‘Know India Programme’ (KIP) to rediscover their Indian roots.
- Under KIP, the Ministry of External Affairs of India offers a 25 days visit to young PIOs to give them an exposure to various aspects of contemporary India, and India’s diverse forms of art, heritage, and culture.
- Ministry will organize the following two Know India Programmes (KIP) from January, 2018 to March, 2018:-
|KIP No.||Dates||Partner State|
|45||29.01.2018 to 22.02.2018||Rajasthan|
|46||12.02.2018 to 08.03.2018||Madhya Pradesh|
- Broad terms and guidelines
- In the Application Form, the applicants can indicate their preferences online for the two KIPs. Ministry will attempt to allot the first preference of each applicant to the extent possible. If there are too many applicants for a specific KIP, the allotment of candidates will be on first-come-first served basis and subject to fulfillment of all eligibility criteria.
- Duration of the programme is 25 days with 10 days in the partner state.
- The programme is open to Persons of Indian origin (PIO) in the age group of 18-30 years, the world over (excluding non-resident Indians).
- The total number of participants in any KIP may not exceed 40.
- Minimum qualification required for applying is graduation or enrolled for graduation.
- The applicants should be able to converse in English.
- The applicant should not have participated in any previous KIP or Internship Programme for Diaspora Youth (IPDY) or Study India Programme of MEA. Students and those who have not visited India before are encouraged to apply.
- The content of the programme may include the following:
- Understanding of India’s political system, economy, society, and developments in various sectors etc.
- Interaction with students at University/ College.
- Visit to places of historical importance.
- Participation in cultural programmes.
- Visit to industrial sites.
- Visit to a village.
- Interaction with non-profit organizations.
- Meetings with senior leadership/officials in India.
- Visit to a select state in India for 10 days.
- The participants are provided the following hospitality/facilities in India:
- local hospitality e.g. boarding/lodging in State guest houses or budget hotels,
- Internal transportation in India as per the Programme.
- High Commission of India, Ottawa may arrange return cheapest economy air tickets for the selected participants. However, the participant would be required to pay 10% of total airfare before they leave for India. They will also have to give a written undertaking that they will complete the KIP, failing which amount spent on airfare by Government of India will be reimbursed to the High Commission of India, Ottawa.
- Every participant should have an international travel and medical insurance before the ticket and gratis visa are issued to her/him and is also required to submit the fitness certificate with the application.
- The organizers will take care of the participants for the duration of the program only. If the participants wish to come early or stay late they will have to make their own arrangements.
- All applicants need to apply online at KIP portal www.kip.gov.in by 19 November 2017. Successful candidate(s) only will be contacted by the High Commission of India.
- More details are available on www.kip.gov.in.
- For any query, please send an e mail message at email@example.com.
20 October, 2017